The Faust compiler
The Faust compiler itself comes in two flavors, Faust and Faust2:
- Faust (master branch) is simple to compile and install as it has very few dependencies, but it can only generate C++ programs.
libfaustembedded Faust compiler.
You can also clone the github repository with the following command :
git clone email@example.com:grame-cncm/faust.git faust
Faust is easy to compile and to run on Mac and Linux. For Windows users we recommend to use FaustLive.
Projects using the embedded Faust compiler
Several projects using the embedded Faust compiler are available thanks to
LLVM (the technology also used in FaustLive), in particular:
- Faustgen 1.12 for Max/MSP on OSX (32/64 bits) and Windows (32 bits), allows you to edit, compile and run Faust code from within Max/MSP.
- Faust for Processing on OSX allows you to embed Faust code into your Processing code. Use the power of Processing to build awesome user interfaces to control the audio part!
FaustLive is the recommended tool to get started with Faust. Thanks to its embedded Faust compiler, FaustLive provides an ultra-short edit-compile-run cycle. Moreover FaustLive is multi-platform and doesn’t require any additional compiler or development tool (beside a simple code editor).
- FaustLive for Windows
- FaustLive for Windows+JACK
- FaustLive for OSX
- FaustLive for Ubuntu
- FaustLive sources (for Linux or Mac)
Here is a short video explaining the main characteristics of the FaustLive application: